Der Studiengang in Bildern
STUDIENVORBEREITUNG MIT INTERNATIONALEM FORMAT - THE FOUNDATION YEAR AT JACOBS UNIVERSITY
The mission of our Foundation Year Program is to give you the best possible preparation for your university studies and to help you find the study program that best matches your interests. Over two semesters, the program allows you to explore different majors through participation in a variety of undergraduate classes and to refine your academic skills. Depending on your background, you will be able to collect between 20 and 45 ECTS credits (European Credit Transfer System). The language of instruction is English.
The Foundation Year Program seeks to supplement classroom learning with first-hand experiences that contribute to a holistic education. To balance the academic components of the program, we offer several excursions throughout the Bremen region and to two of Europe's most attractive capital cities.
Allowing students to foster their interpersonal and intercultural competencies is an important component of Jacobs University’s educational mission. As a Foundation Year student, you can take full advantage of the many learning opportunities inside and outside of the classroom. Get immersed in the intercultural campus environment, take part in the various sports activities offered, or become a member of one of the many social, cultural, political, academic and entrepreneurial clubs on campus.
The student residence halls on campus offer a safe, interactive and inspiring living and learning experience: You will receive a private room in a two-room apartment and share common areas and a bathroom with a flat mate, who is typically of a different nationality. The in-college cafeterias offer breakfast, lunch and dinner and are a great space to meet, chat and relax with your friends. All-day access to the state-of-the-art recreation center on campus and the well-equipped activity areas such as the theatre space, sport courts, a dancing room and the paper studio is just one of the perks of living on our beautiful campus. The campus is located in close vicinity to the city center of Bremen.
GREAT REASONS TO APPLY TO THE FOUNDATION YEAR NOW
- PREMIUM EDUCATION: Our academic advisors and experienced instructors provide professional guidance in your transition to undergraduate studies. Enjoy small class sizes, individual assistance and state-of-the-art facilities.
- INDIVIDUAL APPROACH: Profit from personal academic advising, career counseling, and an individualized academic curriculum that you can adapt to your own interests and needs.
- TRANSFERABLE KNOWLEDGE: The program enables you to attend regular undergraduate courses and to collect up to 40 ECTS credit points that you can transfer to your future study program.
- CAMPUS LIFE: You will live and learn on campus and you will become a part of our vibrant international community with students from over 100 different nations. Sharpen your intercultural skills, develop an international network and collect experiences of a lifetime.
- GUARANTEED ADMISSION TO JACOBS UNIVERSITY: All students who successfully complete the Foundation Year Program receive guaranteed admission to the university’s renowned undergraduate programs.
Nach dem StudiumStudents who complete the program successfully will be offered a place in Jacobs University's undergraduate programs.
How to Apply
In order to apply to the Foundation Year Program, please submit the following documents:
- Complete the Online Application Form
- Upload your High School Transcripts
- Upload a Proof of English Language Proficiency
- Send a Letter of Recommendation
A detailed description of the application requirements can be found on our website.
Fees and Services
As a private non-profit institution, Jacobs University finances part of its operating costs through study fees. Find out more on our website.
Our Services in Detail
- Expert guidance in the transition to undergraduate studies
- Professional academic advising
- Residential colleges with modern single rooms
- In-college cafeterias with full board
- Fully equipped recreation center and multimedia rooms
- Excursions to major European cities
- Orientation Week to facilitate the transition to Jacobs University
- Host family program
- General support (visa, airport pick-up etc.)
- University campus with 24-hour security
Fristen und Termine
The rolling admission process for Fall 2018 intake begins on October 15, 2017 and closes latest on August 15, 2018. Students who require a visa for Germany should apply by June 15, 2018 since the visa process can take up to two months
Applications are evaluated on a rolling basis. As spaces are limited and are filling up quickly, we recommend students to apply as early as possible.
Make an appointment with +49 (0) 421 200-43 14 or contact us via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org