Ein Angebot der International Business School Budapest. Für den Inhalt ist die Hochschule verantwortlich.
International Business School Budapest
High school diploma and a certified English translation of your high school diploma if it is not in English.
BSc applicants are required to pass IBS’ own English Language Placement Test that consists of a 100 minute test and an oral part with a listening task.
If the applicant has a certificate of
- the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with a minimum overall score of 6.0 points (including a minimum of 6 for both the reading and writing component)
- or the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a score of 550 (213 in the computerised version, 80 in the iBT version)
the applicant is not required to take the written test, only the oral part.
Two of our Master's programmes, International Management and Human Resource Management are conversion programmes, so they can be attractive also for those wishing to make a career change: entry requirement is a first or second class Bachelor degree in any field of study.
The Financial Management and the Marketing Management programmes are available only for applicants with relevant first or second class degrees.
Mature students not meeting the above requirements should contact us with their complete application documentation, which will be considered on an individual basis.
MSc applicants are required to pass IBS’ own English Language Placement Test that consists of a 100 minute test and an Orientation Interview.
If the applicant has a certificate of
- the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with a minimum overall score of 6.5 points (including a minimum of 6.5 in each component of assessment)
- or the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a score of 575 (232 in the computerised version, 90 in the iBT version),
the applicant is not required to take the written test, only the interview.
IBS Starter Scholarships
The IBS Starter Scholarship offers to cover 50% of the first year tuition fee for applicants for any Buckingham-validated English-language Bachelor's programme of IBS who, in addition to general entry requirements, meet the following criteria:
- Age limit: 18-25 (at the time of the scholarship application)
- IELTS overall band score 6.5 (with at least 6.0 in each component) or TOEFL 90 iBT (the certificate should not be older than 2 years)
- Motivation letter
Students should first apply online for the Bachelor programme of IBS and upload the required documents (high school diploma or latest transcript if diploma is not acquired yet, passport and IELTS or TOEFL language certificate). Students are supposed to indicate simultaneously their respective wish to be granted IBS Starter scholarship by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be approved by the Rector and there is no appeal against his decision. If scholarship is approved, students must pay the remaining part of their tuition fee latest until 31 May.
- Parkplätze in Hochschulnähe
- Anbindung an den ÖPNV
- Kooperation mit Unternehmen
- Geldautomat auf dem Campus
Häufig gestellte FragenPlease find a comprehensive FAQ on our university website.
Fristen und Termine
The application deadline is 15 August for EU citizens. All programmes start in September.
You can find all dates and deadlines in our academic calendars.
Hier finden Sie uns
IBS Budapest campus in Graphisoft Park - right next to the Danube - is in the 3rd district of Budapest called Óbuda. The address is H-1031 Budapest, Záhony utca 7. Hungary
If you are coming from Buda
- Get on the suburban train H5 (HÉV in Hungarian) either on Batthyányi tér terminus (you can get there by Metro line 2), or at Margit híd stop (you can get there by tram 4 or 6). Get off at Kaszásdűlő stop. Then either take the bus 34, 134 or 106 and go one stop to Záhony utca. Find entrance 2 of Graphisoft Park, the IBS Offices building is the first building on the left.
- If you are coming from Pest:
Get to the Árpád híd stop of metro line 3, then take either bus 34 or 106 (terminus for both). Get off at Záhony utca stop, then walk to the entrance 2 of Graphisoft Park. The IBS Offices building is the first building on the left.
Route from Budapest Airport
- Public transport: take bus 200E to Kőbánya-Kispest terminus, then metro line 3 to Árpád híd, then take either bus 34 or 106 (terminus for both). Get off at Záhony utca stop, then walk to the entrance 2 of Graphisoft Park. It takes about 90 minutes. You will need a new ticket for each vehicle, a single ticket is HUF 350.
- Airport shuttle minibus: Carries several passengers, you give the destination address, and they will drive you for a fix fare on a route that suits all passengers. A one way trip to IBS costs HUF 6,900 HUF for one person.
- Főtaxi: Operates with fix fares (basic fare: HUF 450, fare per kilometre: 280 HUF). The fare to IBS is appr. 30-35 Euro (about HUF 10,000).